South Jersey Hydroseeding
Rahn can provide residential and commercial hydroseeding for everything from lawn restoration projects to large soil erosion stabilization and control areas. We own and maintain our own hydroseeding equipment. If sod is preferred or required, we have all the right equipment and thousands of acres of installation experience. Ask us about Grass Pave products as an alternative to paving. This is a great option for emergency access roads to basins.
Advantages of Hydroseeding
1. Hydroseeded lawns come up faster. The contact of the seed with water will trigger the germination cycle. We often hear of grass up in 3 to 5 days.
2. Hydroseeding has an attractive green appearance that looks far better than lawns dry seeded and covered with straw mulch.
3. Unlike straw that is often used as a protective cover for a newly seeded area, hydroseeding mulch has NO weed seed. Straw is loaded with weed seed.
4. Hydroseeding allows the custom tailoring of the proper seed for your job. It is not uncommon to use two or even three seeds custom spraying the right seed for different areas on the lawn or job. Many custom hydroseeding contractors will use one seed for shady areas, one for high traffic areas, and one to make the front lawn a showpiece.
5. Hydroseeding mulch adds to the humus content of a lawn as it decomposes. The bacterial action of straw will leach nitrogen from the soil as it decomposes.